Tuesday, September 27, 2011

MMMM Pancakes

Colin and I have been LOVING these pancakes lately:
http://www.nourishingdays.com/2010/07/fluffy-coconut-flour-pancakes/

I've made the following SLIGHT adjustments:
4 eggs
1 - 1 1/4 C coconut milk or water
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp honey
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

beat eggs until very fluffy, add remaining wet ingredients and beat again.
combine dry ingredients and add slowly to wet while mixing.
cook in coconut oil on medium.

I was short on coconut milk one day and added mashed bananas to make up the difference. Today I used water instead of milk and found that I needed to add 1 1/4+ C water to get the right consistency.

These are great served with homemade maple fruit syrup (maple syrup with added fresh/frozen chopped fruit brought to a near boil). Strawberry is a classic but I made a banana/pineapple syrup the other day that was delicious too.

We have also been using leftover pancakes as snack sandwiches. I fill them with peanut butter and honey (and sometimes bananas) and slice them into strips.

You can make a large batch at once and freeze the leftovers (in a ziploc bag with the pancakes separated by wax or parchment paper) and then just remove what you need and reheat in the oven, toaster, or skillet. They also keep well in the fride for a couple of days.....if they last that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment